Rental charges vary depending on your specific needs.
To obtain a quote:
- submit online request
- Call 905-472-2570 - Leave a message on the 24 hour answering machine – with your name and phone number, the date and type of event. Our Rental Manager will get back to you within 24 hours.
Charges and fees for renting a facility may be paid for by cash or cheque. A 50% deposit is required to confirm the function. The balance of all charges is due 30 days in advance of the date of the rental. Failure to make this full and final payment may result in cancellation of the rental. Refunds are given under specific circumstances only and may be subject to a service charge. Cheques are to be made payable to: ‘Box Grove Community Center’. If date of event is less than one month away, full payment is required in cash or certified cheque.
A standard Town of Markham Rental Agreement must be completed and signed at the time of booking and submitted together with payment as described above.
Please read the rental terms and conditions on the back of the contract.
A security deposit in the amount of $200 cash is required in advance of (or at) key pickup the day of the event. This deposit will be returned after an inspection of the premises has determined that the terms of the rental have been adhered to by the renters and that there is no physical damage to the building.
Alcohol Permits and Liability Insurance
For any event where alcohol is involved, a Special Occasion Permit from AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario) must be obtained. The permit must be posted in the facility during your function.
Allow one week to obtain a permit from the LCBO. The easiest place to obtain a permit is at the LCBO location nearest the venue as they have current records on our facilities. The two closest outlets are:
219 Main Street, Markham 192 Bullock Drive, Markham
All Special Occasion Permit holders must purchase or provide proof that they have a minimum of $2,000,000 of liquor liability insurance in addition to the mandatory insurance coverage as noted. Check the Insurance link for more details.
THE RENTER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- providing a signed copy of the standard contract 14 days prior to the event
- providing proof of insurance 14 days prior to the event
- table set up and takedown including properly stacking chairs and tables and returning them to storage
- providing sufficient garbage bags for their event
- placing all garbage and refuse in the bins near the front of the parking lot
- damage to the facilities
- the conduct of all persons attending both inside and outside the hall
- having a certified ‘Smart Serve’ bartender if alcohol is being served
- obtaining and posting a Special Occasions Permit
- decorations can only be attached with a non-permanent adhesive such as adhesive putty or masking tape and must be removed
- the facilities and grounds must be returned to the general condition of cleanliness in which they were found
Failure to do any of the above will result in additional charges. Additional charges will also apply in the event of damage to the hall or missing equipment.
If you have any other questions, please call us.